Meet Dr. J. David Holcomb - Facial Surgeon
Dr. J. David Holcomb, M.D. is a double board-certified Facial Plastic and Cosmetic Laser Surgeon (American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology) who has practiced in Sarasota, Florida since 2000. In January 2014 he welcomed Dr. Joshua Kreithen, MD (breast and body contouring specialist) in a merger to form Holcomb – Kreithen Plastic Surgery and Med Spa that has quickly grown to become one of Florida’s larger plastic surgery practices with nearly 30 full time employees. Dr. Holcomb is recognized as a “Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor” for the specialty of Plastic Surgery (cosmetic and reconstructive facial surgery, laser surgery).
Dr. Holcomb is a respected expert and published author in erbium-YAG laser surgery of the skin, fiber laser surgery of the face and neck and integration of these and other technologies with facial rejuvenation surgery. He co-developed the AccuLift™ laser facial contouring procedure, introduced the procedure on CBS’ award winning television show “The Doctors” several years ago and then integrated these techniques with aging face surgery (Laser Assisted Facelift).
In addition to laser surgery, Dr. Holcomb specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face and nose including brow lifts, eyelid surgery, facelifts, neck contouring, rhinoplasty and otoplasty. He is frequently asked to perform revision cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Holcomb has more than twenty years of surgical experience and has hospital affiliation with Sarasota Memorial Hospital.Dr. Holcomb completed a surgery internship (Department of Surgery) and residency training (Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery)at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa. He then completed a fellowship in advanced cosmetic facial plastic surgery with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Currently a member of the Florida Medical Association, Dr. Holcomb is a past president of the Sarasota County Medical Society and of the Florida Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has received numerous accolades.
In 2001, Dr. Holcomb was recognized by the Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation as a “Hero” for donating surgical skills to a child with a congenital deformity. In 2003 he participated in a local Sarasota Xtreme Makeover covered by the Sarasota Herald Tribune in which patient Bobbie Walck received a comprehensive facial surgery and dental makeover.
Dr. Holcomb’s credentials include:
Double Board Certified
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Advanced Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery, AAFPRS
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor
- Plastic Surgery (cosmetic and reconstructive surgery face, laser surgery)
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ~ Past President
- Sarasota County Medical Society ~ Past President
Medical Staff Member
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Committees/Corporate Boards (Current)
- President and Medical Director, Holcomb – Kreithen Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
- Founder and Executive Medical Director, Institute for Integrated Aesthetics
- Vice President, Physicians Indemnity Risk Retention Group
- Fellowship Committee, AAFPRS
- Regulatory and Socioeconomic Affairs Committee, AAFPRS